OPM nonprofit grant program for capital expenditure RFA pending
It is anticipated that by March 31, 2015, the Office of Policy and Management will be issuing a formal Request for Applications (RFA) for the Nonprofit Grant Program. This is an informal announcement and is for informational purposes only. It does not constitute a Request for Applications.
This program supports capital projects such as construction, renovation, the purchase of vehicles, and acquisition of property for nonprofit organizations that receive funds from the State to provide direct health and human services to State agency clients.
- Up to $12.5 million of the funds for this application round may be reserved for applications seeking NGP funding between $1,000,000 and $3,000,000 per project; however, a minimum of 25% in additional matching funds will be required for these projects. These matching funds may not include other state funds or provider non-cash in-kind contributions. More details regarding the match will be included in the RFA.
- For the remaining funds, grant awards will be limited to $1.0 million for any award or nonprofit provider per application round.
- $35,000 minimum cost per project. The official notification will be issued on the OPM and DAS websites.
Make sure that you are registered to receive daily emails from the DAS procurement website: http://das.ct.gov/cr1.aspx?page=161
CHEFA releases two grant program RFPs for nonprofit organizations
The Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority (CHEFA) recently released two Requests for Proposals for IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations with cultural, childcare, education, food insecurity, and/or healthcare facilities and programs:
- CHEFA’s Nonprofit Grant Program – a pool of $1.25 million available, grants may range from $5,000 to $75,000
- Targeted Investment Program – a pool of $500,000, grants may range from $100,000 to $500,000 More information about these grant programs, including eligibility requirements and application instructions, can be accessed from their website: https://www.chefa.com/philanthropy.