The Connecticut Coalition to End Homelessness is hiring for a deputy director.
Title: Deputy Director
Purpose: The Deputy Director provides direct oversight and leadership to achieve agency goals, results orientation, and organizational efficiencies. The Deputy Director is a member of the leadership team, and is responsible for ensuring that the agency mission of ending homelessness is carried out in the work of the organization. The Deputy Director works closely with the Executive Director and oversees, in particular, technical assistance and training and agency communications. Reports to the Executive Director.
Leadership and Management
- Shares responsibility to achieve organizational objectives within daily operations, and program planning.
- Oversees training and technical assistance and supervises various agency staff, including assigned administrative and communications staff, Interns and others, as determined by Executive Director
- Provide regular communications to Executive Director on the development and effectiveness of all agency programs and practices.
- Works directly with CCEH members, in coordination with Executive Director, to provide information and updates on state and federal budget and policy issues related to funding for efforts to end homelessness and emerging best practices.
- Develop relationships with member agencies and assists in expanding range of CCEH service to members
- Plans and oversees semi-annual membership meetings.
- Develops strategic partnerships to advance organizational goals; serves as an agency representative with outside organizations and partners.
- Oversees development of agency publications including newsletter, fact sheets, and web site.
- Acts in the absence of the Executive Director to address all media, government or public inquiries.
- Provides accurate and timely information to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Public Policy, Business Administration for nonprofits or similar advanced degree.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience, including human resource management and strategic planning experience.
- Direct experience in homelessness services or closely related area(s) of work.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with service providers, government officials, and community leaders; ability to build, lead, work with teams.
- Good organizational, analytical, interpersonal, writing, management, and communication skills.
- Computer skills needed: Word, Excel, Outlook required; experience with SPSS and HMIS helpful
- Statewide travel required with the potential for minimal out of state travel: must have a valid CT driver’s license, as well as a reliable vehicle.
- Persons from diverse ethnic and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please send a resume and cover letter indicating salary requirement no later than March 27, 2015 to:
Connecticut Coalition to End Homelessness
Attn: Sorimar Vazquez
No phone calls or faxes please