Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP)
The Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) was launched in November 2018 and is a 2 year grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The program provides new youth specific homeless response resources including youth navigators, diversion and rapid exit funds, crisis housing, rapid re-housing, and provider training and technical assistance. YHDP is helping CT reach the goal of ending youth homelessness by 2020. For more specific details, read the YHDP program announcement or Governor Malloy’s press release.
- YHDP Provider Portal
A password protected portal for YHDP providers.
- Youth Navigators
Youth Navigators conduct Coordinated Access Network (CAN) intake assessments, provide case management, and work with youth to remove barriers to secure safe and viable housing opportunities.
- Youth Coordinated Entry Learning Collaborative
Open to all Youth Navigators, youth coordinated entry staff, and youth crisis housing providers in Connecticut, regardless of YHDP funding. This group meets every other month. Contact email@example.com to be added to the list.
- Youth Shelter Diversion & Rapid Exit Fund
A program administered by CCEH to youth homeless service providers to deliver diversion funding to youth at immediate risk of homelessness or in need of shelter rapid exit services. *This funding can NOT be accessed directly by clients.* Eligible youth providers include: Youth Navigators, CAN intake staff serving youth, runaway and homeless youth providers, and crisis housing providers. These eligible providers must complete a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with CCEH in order to access these funds. Please contact Joanne Vitarelli (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
- Rapid Re-Housing
Rapid Re-housing (RRH) is an evidence-based approach to end homelessness as quickly as possible for families and individuals.
- Youth Rapid Re-Housing Learning Collaborative
Open to all youth Rapid Re-Housing providers, regardless of YHDP funding. This group meets every other month. Contact email@example.com to be added to the list.
Forms, Policies, & Tools:
- Youth SPDAT Tool
A housing focused youth case management tool. Also used if the youth needs a higher level of services. Especially helpful for youth RRH providers.
- Housing Stabilization Plan
- Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspection Form (HUD)
- Homelessness Verification Form (YHDP Specific)
- Due Diligence – Refusal of Services Policy
- YHDP Rapid Re-Housing Forms
The YHDP Youth Rapid Re-Housing program has specific forms from the Department of Housing (DOH) that may differ from the regular DOH Rapid Re-Housing program. The final file is currently under development. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the most recent forms in the interim.
- CT Balance of State Continuum of Care (BOS CoC) Forms & Policies
All YHDP grantees are under the BOS CoC. BOS has their own forms & policies for YHDP programs and will update their website as new items become available. Sign-up for BOS email updates.
- SAMPLE Rent Reasonableness Checklist and Certification form (HUD)
- Utility Allowances
- Environmental Review
- Upcoming CCEH Trainings Calendar (including Diversion)
- CCEH Recorded Webinars
- YHDP Youth RRH Program Training Slides – 1/9/19
- CT BOS YHDP Compliance Training Slides – 11/27/18
- YHDP Kick-Off Training Presentation – 11/13/18
- YHDP Crisis Housing Training Presentation – 11/13/18
- YHDP Youth Navigator Training Presentation – 11/19/18
- HMIS – YHDP Program Enrollment and Exit Training (Nutmeg)
- Lead-Based Paint Visual Assessment Training (HUD)
- Youth Outreach Webinar (CCEH)
- Youth Engagement Team Initiatives (YETIs)
- Young Adult Coordinated Entry
- Rapid Re-Housing
- STRIVE Mediation
- Connecticut Young Adult Services
- Youth Resources
- Shelter Diversion
- Transitional Housing
- LGBTQ Youth
- Housing First
- Shared Housing
- Safely Doubled Up
- Employment Resources
- Trauma Informed Care
- Positive Youth Development (Family & Youth Services Bureau)
- Adolescent Brain Development
- Next Step Tool
- Case Management (Homeless Hub)
- Governor’s Challenge Landlord Recruitment Letter Template (.docx)
- Benchmarks to End Youth Homelessness (USICH)