Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP)
The Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) was launched in November 2018 and is a 2 year grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The program provides new youth specific homeless response resources including youth navigators, diversion and rapid exit funds, crisis housing, rapid re-housing, and provider training and technical assistance. YHDP is helping CT reach the goal of ending youth homelessness by 2020. For more specific details, read the YHDP program announcement or Governor Malloy’s press release.
- YHDP Provider Portal
A password protected portal for YHDP providers.
- Youth Navigators
Youth Navigators conduct Coordinated Access Network (CAN) intake assessments, provide case management, and work with youth to remove barriers to secure safe and viable housing opportunities.
- Youth Navigators Learning Collaborative
Open to all Youth Navigators in Connecticut, regardless of YHDP funding. This group meets every other month. Contact Roy Graham (email@example.com) to be added to the list.
- Youth Shelter Diversion & Rapid Exit Fund
A program administered by CCEH to youth homeless service providers to deliver diversion funding to youth at immediate risk of homelessness or in need of shelter rapid exit services. *This funding can NOT be accessed directly by clients.* Eligible youth providers include: Youth Navigators, CAN intake staff serving youth, runaway and homeless youth providers, and crisis housing providers. These eligible providers must complete a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with CCEH in order to access these funds. Please contact Joanne Vitarelli (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
- Rapid Re-Housing
Rapid Re-housing (RRH) is an evidence-based approach to end homelessness as quickly as possible for families and individuals.
- Youth Rapid Re-Housing Learning Collaborative
Open to all youth Rapid Re-Housing providers regardless of YHDP funding. This group meets every other month. Contact CCEH (email@example.com) to be added to the list.
- Housing Stabilization Plan
- How to Complete an Environmental Review Webinar
- Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspection Form (HUD)
- Homelessness Verification Form
- Youth Engagement Team Initiatives (YETIs)
- Young Adult Coordinated Entry
- STRIVE Mediation
- Connecticut Young Adult Services
- Youth Resources
- Shelter Diversion
- Upcoming CCEH Trainings (including Diversion)
- Transitional Housing
- LGBTQ Youth
- Housing First
- Shared Housing
- Trauma Informed Care
- Positive Youth Development (Family & Youth Services Bureau)
- Youth Outreach Webinar
- Adolescent Brain Development
- Next Step Tool
- Case Management (Homeless Hub)
- Governor’s Challenge Landlord Recruitment Letter Template (.docx)
- Benchmarks to End Youth Homelessness (USICH)